About Spinning® Nation
On November 3, 2012, Spinning®, the world’s leading indoor cycling company, will be hosting the fifth-annual Spinning Nation event to raise money for the implementation of Spinning® Rehabilitation Centers across the country. Spinning Rehab Centers assist in the mental and physical rehabilitation of the brave men and women who have served in our armed forces. Participating health clubs nationwide will host one-hour indoor cycling classes and riders from all over the country will collect donations from friends and family to sponsor their ride on the event day. Proceeds will go to Ride 2 Recovery, an organization benefiting mental and physical rehabilitation programs from our country’s wounded veteran that feature cycling as the core activity.
Riders can register online to ride at any participating Spinning Nation facility. There is a $25 initial registration fee per rider that will go toward the rider’s Spinning Nation donation total. There is no fee for facilities to register as a Spinning Nation location.
Spinning® Nation Facility Challenge
The Facility Challenge encourages facilities to team up with their members to raise money to implement a Spinning Rehabilitation Center at a military base on their behalf. Facilities that raise a minimum of $10,000 will get the opportunity to allocate up to 20 Spinner® bikes to a military base of their choice!
• Facilities must be registered as a Spinning Nation facility.
• Participants registered to ride at a Spinning Nation facility raise money through donations from friends, family, coworkers, etc.
Donations can be made by participants and non-participating donors two ways:
1. Online at www.spinningnation.org.
2. By check. Please mail checks to Ride 2 Recovery, ATTN: Spinning Nation, 23679 Calabasas Rd. #420, Calabasas, CA 91302
NOTE: Donors should put the name of the sponsored rider on the “notes” section of checks.
• The amount of money raised by each registered participant at every registered Spinning Nation facility will be added up to get a facility total.
• Deadline for Ride 2 Recovery to receive all donations is November 9, 2012 at 11:59PM.
• When a facility reaches $10,000, John Wordin, President of Ride 2 Recovery, will personally call the manager of the facility to inform/congratulate them.
• Winning facilities earn the opportunity to choose a military base to donate Spinner bikes to in their honor.
The Challenge starts now! The Challenge runs through the end of the Spinning Nation event on November 3, 2012. All donations must be received by R2R by November 9, 2012 at 11:59PM.
Fitness facilities nationwide